Ever wondered what could be that one ingredient which can give you instant respite from the painful mosquito bites? Well, it’s the banana peel.
Banana peel is the king of skin transforming attributes. It offers unmatched beauty benefits upon use. However, its efficacy in reducing the inflammation caused due to mosquito bite is a lesser known fact. Banana peel comes loaded with the goodness of anti-oxidants. It also makes a revolutionary anti-inflammatory agent against inflammations caused due to bugs bite. Read more on banana and mosquito bites.
How To Treat Mosquito Bite Using Banana Peel:
Here are the amazing ways on how to use banana peel for mosquito bites!
1. Banana Peel And Glycerin:
Banana peel comes with the goodness of being an anti-inflammatory agent. Mosquito bites can be painful and ugly. They not just cause a red bump; but also are accompanied by pain and rashes. It is slightly painful to rub a banana peel over the inflammated areas. Therefore, it is a wiser choice to make effective masks and apply gently on the affected region.
How To Make?
- You can use a knife to peel the inside of a banana peel.
- Put the collected matter in a bowl and add glycerin to it.
- Mix well to form a paste.
- Apply gently on the mosquito bite.
- Leave for 1 hour and remove with gentle massage using cold water.
- Banana peel offers strong anti-inflammatory benefits. This reduces the size and redness of the bump caused due to a mosquito bite.
- Banana peel also reduces the itching sensation. It helps in soothing the bitten area. This further offers cooling effect and the sensation of itching and pain subsides.
- Glycerin makes the affected area softer and moist. It also prevents the formation of dark spots and rashes around the bitten area.
[ Read: Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar ]
2. Banana Peel And Ice:
This amazing mask is a wonderful option for painful mosquito bites. Tiger mosquitoes are deadly and give a painful bite. It can also be accompanied with mild burning sensation alongside itching. Such level of itching can lead to the formation of red rashes that look ugly and are painful. You can use the banana peel and ice mask in order to get instantaneous relief from such pain and itching.
How To Make?
- Use a spoon to dig the banana’s peel and place the matter in a bowl.
- Add rose water to it to form a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on the bitten area.
- Find a clean cloth and fill it with crushed ice cubes.
- Wrap it around the area where you apply the paste.
- Keep on pressing with the ice cloth for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with tap water.
[ Read: Remedies For Chigger Bites ]
- Banana peel offers anti-inflammatory benefits and reduces the pain caused due to mosquito bites.
- It also reduces the redness caused due to rubbing the complete area (which is an outcome of itching).
- Ice cloth reduces the pain and burning sensation. It cuts the pain sensation by offering coolness to the inflammated nerve endings. It also heals pain and offers instantaneous relief.
[ Read: Benefits Of Banana Peels ]
3. Banana Peel And Cucumber:
Banana peel offers a smoothing benefit alongside curing the pain caused due to mosquito bites. Cucumber, extremely rich in water, offers unmatched cooling benefits upon application. Thus, banana peel and cucumber make an amazing pack for relieving the pain, itching and redness caused due to mosquito bite.
How To Make?
- Grind cucumber to make its paste.
- Use a knife to dig out the banana’s peel.
- Add the matter to mashed cucumber and grind again.
- Fill half of the paste in a clean cloth and apply the remaining half on the bitten area.
- Place the cloth over the area where you applied half of the paste.
- Keep it for 1 hour before rinsing with ice water.
- Banana peel works as a foe to inflammation. It reduces the pain, redness and itching caused due a mosquito bite. It heals the area against rashes and also reduces the size of bump.
- Cucumber offers unmatched cooling benefits. This gives instantaneous relief from pain and itching.
[ Read: Home Remedies For Bug Bites ]
The above listed 3 ways to use banana peel on mosquito bites are the best home remedies to curb pain and redness. They also keep the skin free of rashes that come easily with constant rubbing, but are not easy to be removed.
How do you rate the efficacy of banana peel for mosquito bites? Do share your feedback with us in the comments section!